The premise of the Carol’s Daughter (CD) Hair Milk Deep Moisture Curl set is that getting the perfect curl shouldn’t be a long drawn-out affair. With the product line consisting of 3 products, the aim is to simply cleanse, moisturise and style in 3 easy steps. Even though I’ve had this set for a while, I decided to only review it after I had used it a few times in order to experience the full effects of the products over time. It’s the first time I’ve ever used all the products in a specific curly hair care range and all I can say is that I’m in love.
What it says
- “The ultimate curly girl regimen for curls that can never get enough moisture — sure to leave curls defined, frizz-free and long-lasting.”
- “Cleanse and detangle with the Hair Milk Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner. Moisturize to tame frizz, soften curls and add shine with Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer. Style without a crunch or residue, but still have definition and frizz control that lasts with the Hair Milk Pudding Style. Define. Hold.”
What it does
Hair Milk Nourishing and Conditioning Cleansing Conditioner
- It cleansed my hair and scalp without stripping it of all moisture.
- My hair felt soft and moisturised after rinsing it out.
- It provided a good amount of slip so I was able to detangle while the conditioner was still in my hair.
- It smells distinctly of roses, but not so strong as to put me off.
Hair Milk Nourishing and Conditioning Leave-in Moisturizer
- It’s very light-weight and absorbed easily into my hair.
- I was able to detangle even further after I applied it as it provided a lot of slip.
- My hair felt very soft and moisturised in the immediate couple of days after styling.
- I loved the subtle fresh aroma, a lot fresher than the cleansing conditioner.
Hair Milk Nourishing and Conditioning Pudding
- If you’re after a product to provide hold, but you don’t like using gel, this is the THE product to reach for. Although I don’t usually use products to supply extra definition or shape to my curls, I was very impressed with this pudding.
- It’s light-weight and didn’t leave any tell-tale white flakes.
- My defined curls lasted a good 3 days.
- It contains guar gum, which is responsible for the natural hold.
- As it is on the pricier side, I’ve decided I’ll save this pudding for the times I do styles where I really want more curl definition (which probably won’t be very often).
It was definitely worth the wait for these goodies to arrive in the mail, as I love how my hair turns out every time I use it. I styled with the products in this post, and over here it was the same twist-out on its second day. The first time I used it I didn’t seal with an oil as I wanted to try the range simply as intended, but the second time I used it I decided to seal everything in with my usual coconut oil and that really did the trick – I had moisture for days. Although I think a small amount of frizz is inevitable with natural curls, I definitely had less frizz with this line.
I also love the fact that all the CD products are completely free of sulphates, parabens, petroleum, mineral oil and artificial colours. As for pricing, have a look over here.
And just in case my post hasn’t summed it up, I would definitely purchase this range again and wholeheartedly recommend it for all curly girls.
As always, love your curls!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review.