We had a public holiday earlier in the week and I thought it was the perfect day to showcase my favourite hair style, the braid-out, while enjoying the lovely Autumn weather with a picnic on a row boat. I haven’t styled my hair like this in a few months so I was quite surprised at how ‘lengthy’ it looked. This is a major reason why I love this style so much – it really stretches out the hair to get maximum ‘hang time’.
Can you believe that this is actually 3rd day hair? I really love the results of a style that’s a few days old: My hair just gets bigger, fluffier and more voluminous. Usually I maintain my styles with the pineappling method, but in this case I opted to braid my hair up into 5 braids for bed time after which I wrapped it in a silk scarf.
Different products work differently on different hair, but in case you’re interested in my styling process for this look, here it is:
– Pre-poo treatment with coconut oil and Hello Hydration conditioner
– Cleansed with Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture shampoo
– Deep conditioned overnight with a mix of TRES Emmé Naturals conditioner, Aubrey Organics protein conditioner, honey and coconut oil
– Moisturised with Mixed Chicks Leave-In conditioner and coconut oil
– Styled with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
I let my hair air-dry few for a few minutes after which I braided it into a total of 8 braids, 4 on each side.
Back to rowing though, check out my rowing-concentration face while still trying to look cute 🙂
My hair isn’t perfect, but I do love it, frizz and all.
Thanks so much for reading and love your curls!
Thank you Hun
your hair has grown loads!
It has, hasn’t it? I’m quite pleased with the progress.
Thank you <3
Beautiful girl, amazing hair and lovely photos!!!
I never get such defined results ! <3 would try your method
Please do, and let me know how it works for you.