Today’s post is all about B-I-G H-A-I-R! Inspired by Diana Ross, the queen of big hair, I often like to experiment to see how big my hair can go. If you’re a looking for a sure-fire way to turn heads, you can’t go wrong with this do. The beauty of this style is that the longer your your hair gets, the bigger the fro will become. It’s also a great way to work with your frizz if you find that your hair is more frizzy than usual. Instead of fighting it, just embrace it.
All you need to achieve this style is an oil of your choice – I prefer to use my favourite – coconut oil, an afro pick or a wide-toothed comb, your fingers and some hair ties or hair clips.
1. Start with some light detangling using only your fingers and work on dry, preferably stretched hair for maximum volume and size.
2. Divide your hair into 3 – 4 manageable sections and reach for your oil.
3. Massage the oil into your hair section by section, smoothing the hair down and finger detangling any knots or tangles you may come across. The oil will allow the hair strands to glide across each other, minimising friction and/or breakage.
4. After working the oil into the hair, take your afro pick or wide toothed comb and start combing the hair from the ends and work your way up to the roots. Comb gently in short single strokes, paying particular attention to the ends of the hair which is more fragile than the rest. Do this section by section as well.
5. Continue combing the hair until all four sections have been completed and voila, instant big Diana Ross hair! Your hair should be double its original size now.
Here are some profile and back shots.
This is where I got carried away with the pictures. I’m just so in love with this style!
Let me know if you ever rock your hair this big and how you go about achieving it.
Love your curls,