Yesterday I did something I’ve wanted to do for absolute ages: I published my first makeup tutorial. Whoohoo! It really is such a feat for me. For the longest time I just wasn’t sure how to go about it in terms of set up and production, but on one sunny day in Brighton a couple of weeks ago I felt particularly inspired, and just decided to throw caution to the wind.
And so here are the results.
The makeup in this video is definitely not flawless. The production is definitely not flawless either. In fact, there are loads of areas for improvement. I actually found it quite difficult to do my makeup on camera. Certain things I was able to rectify in the editing process afterwards, but there was lots that I couldn’t either. I even thought about deleting all the footage, because there are just so many brilliant makeup tutorials on YouTube already and to be honest I’m still a little scared of coming across as an amateur. But no matter, everyone has to start somewhere right? And I can only improve from where I am now.
So I do hope you enjoy it and that you may even take away some inspiration for your next makeup look from my humble offering. Video below. Go take a gander and even subscribe to my channel for more hair and beauty videos.
- Mac Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Base Lumiére – Shade: Radiant Pink
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation – Shade: Intensity 4.5
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer – Shade: Medium Deep
- NYX Wonderstick Highlight and Contour – Shade: Deep Profound
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Mac Mineralize Loose Powder – Shade: Medium Dark
- L’Oreal Glam Bronze La Terra Healthy Glow – Shade: Medium
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish – Shade: Soft and Gentle
- Clinique High Impact Mascara – Black
- NYX Retractible Lipliner – Shade: Plum
- NYX Matte Lipstick – Shade: Strawberry Daiquiri
- NYX Butter Gloss – Shade: Tiramisu