Hello Loves, if you follow me on Instagram then you’d know that I recently started a hair growth challenge – on 1 November to be exact – and I’d love for as many of you as possible to join in.
The reason I’ve embarked on this challenge is simply because I’ve been neglecting my curls, and I’m really annoyed at myself at that. I think the neglect is due to a few factors:
- Having less time to dedicate to lengthy hair care sessions. Before I had children I would honestly spend so much time caring for my hair, but as time has gone on, I find that I spend very little time on my hair these days.
- This includes not sleeping on a silk pillowcase or wrapping my hair up night. I’m often so exhausted by the time I get into bed that I just fall in, not sparing a thought for my drying and breaking edges.
- I’ve not been drinking enough water. And when I say not enough I actually mean I haven’t been drinking any water. Sometimes I’ll get to the end of the day and realise that I only drank three cups of coffee. How bad is that?
I’m actually feeling very frustrated at myself at this and I don’t mean for this post to come across as whiny, but I really haven’t been focussing on myself as well as I should have been. Practicing things like self-care can be really tough with two little ones when you’re always expected to be ready for them, day and night.
But I’m determined to make this change over the course of the next six months.
So how did I grow my hair out healthily before? These were the things I did consistently:
- Lengthy deep conditioning sessions.
- During the week I’d wear my hair in twists, braids and protective styles, and only wear it out over the weekends.
- I would lightly moisturise my hair everyday with just a spritz of water, a bit of Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream and seal with coconut oil.
- I’d religiously wrap my hair up at night.
These days I’m trying out and reviewing a lot more natural hair products and even though they are all excellent I feel like doing constant wash and gos (which I love) on such a regular basis has been having a bit of reverse effect on my hair. That, and the fact that I’ve generally just not been as ‘on it’ as I should have been.
Having said all of this, I finally trimmed my ends over the weekend so at least I’m embarking on this growth challenge with fresh ends and I can now just focus on keeping them moisturised and most importantly, retaining them! I’m also happy to report that I’ve been doing mores simple protective styles and I’ll be sharing them with you all as we move along on this challenge.
So if you haven’t signed up yet, simply enter your email address in the pink pop-up box and then you’ll receive my weekly email with updates and challenges. Use #eleanorhairgrowthchallenge to post all your hair update photos on Instagram so that we can all find and support each other.
Are you joining me on this challenge? Feel free to share of your hair goals with me below and let’s grow healthy hair together!
I tried subscribing again so fingers crossed it works…thanks for sharing this post with us beautiful lady
My pleasure! If you subscribed in the pink pop-up box you would have received this morning’s email! xx